Friday, May 23, 2014

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is here! So, how do you teach your students about this holiday and why we honor it? How about your bilingual kindergarten students? I usually find holiday activities on TPT and Pinterest, but finding Spanish material for Memorial Day was a little different. 
I decided to create a simple activity to introduce vocabulary before watching a video on BrainPop Jr. 
It is a "write the room" activity in Spanish or as I call it, "El que busca encuentra" (He who seeks, finds). Free for this Memorial Day blog hop only!



I like this activity because it is a great way to introduce vocabulary that you can later turn into a writing activity. Click on the pictures to get this activity. Some teachers that have used this product have said:




What if you don't teach in Spanish or need the bilingual version?
 No problem, you can still use this activity. There are blank cards where you can write your own words, you can add more vocabulary words, add your high frequency words, or create your own option. 


I recently dicovered Maestra Barret on Teachers Pay Teachers and I love her products. She recently created a great activity in Spanish for Memorial Day, check it out here. She is also having a great free activity just for you! All you have to do is....


click on this picture. 




I hope you visit me again!



No comments: